Neon Feathered Mascara
Now here is an interesting one! For the background I used up some neon mascara that I've been hoarding for years! They worked terrible as a beauty product but perfect for the use of a bright pigment!
The only thing with this that I didn't expect until I started drawing on the feathers is that, even though the background is completely dry and smooth, it does have a waxy component to it. I couldn't draw easily on top of the black acrylic because it scratched away the surface which is why I used my embossing tools for scratching tools at the end.
Mark Your Fall Moments
This layout caused a bit of frustration towards the end. Once I put down the napkin for the background I knew I would have to add a layer of glue on top other it would absorb anything like a sponge. If you try this and want to layer something on top, I would suggest adding a layer of clear gesso on top so your next layer will have some tooth to stick to. The die cut leaves did okay but that napkin soaked in the glue and made it tricky to stick.
Black, White, and Love All Over
Right side: magazine clipping (photo was taken just miniutes after a church shooting a few years ago).
Left side: stamped, scanned and cut Illustrated Faith stamps and the page is the negative pieces. Filled in with red marker to color in l-o-v-e.
Black, white, tan, or red- we’re all the same race of people. No human life should be taken for the color of their skin. 🖤❤️✌🏻
Let's Be Mermaids
When I started this page, I was hoping that the background would be a bit more diverse than what it turned out to be. I sprayed the 3 shimmer colors down and instead of blending smoothly, some parts overpowered each other. I drew mermaid scales using the Border It Stencil and painted in the rest with black acrylic.
I die cut a circle from the stencil packaging and used the leftovers to make seaweed leaves for the bottom. The glitter you see on the leaves is the Folk Art Spectrum shift paint- definitely something worth playing with! The mermaid tail is from a napkin piece that I should have painted behind so it would show up better. (Lesson Learned!) Oh and glitter nail polish!