The Crafter’s Workshop provided me with some product to create this project. The opinions I share are solely my own.
Halloween is not a holiday I tend to celebrate but it's still one of my favorite because the decorations alone are entirely different from the rest of the year. It's not a pretty season but it is a fun one! Plus, I have to this amazing web stencil for something right? Or ten. Or twenty. Join me in my first halloween art journal for this season.
I'm on The Crafter's Workshop Blog today with a quick process of how I did this layout. Check it out here:
"The call of the creative is the call to imagine another reality.
| || |
BLUE PUMPKIN ALERT! I LOVE blue pumpkins!!!! I started out with a blue and gray background to coordinate with the blue pumpkins I was so excited to use but I also had to add in a hint of orange for the other pumpkin. The pop of the die-cut white leaves really make my contrast heart happy! If you use this die set make sure you cut out of card stock or thicker paper- regular copy paper doesn't do as well with these delicate dies.
- His Palette The Harvest Printable Kit
- Apple Barrel Acrylic Paint
- Beacon Multi-Purpose Adhesive Spray
- Mod Podge Sealer, Glue and Finish- Matte
- Scotch Permanent Glue Sticks
- Sakura Gelly Roll Pen, White
- Tonic Studios Tim Holtz Glass Media Mat
- Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Sprayer
- Ranger Wendy Vecchi Archival Ink Pad, Watering Can Gray
- Ranger Wendy Vecchi Archival Ink Pad, Cobalt Blue
- Sizzix 663094 Tim Holtz Thinlits Skeleton Leaves
- Sizzix 661206 Tim Holtz Thinlits Die Set, Garden Greens
- Layhome Clear Stamp (Fairies) on clear sticker paper
- Background Script Stamp
- Magazine Cut Out
In the Halloween 90% off clearance section I found a bunch of paper spider curtains and plastic spider confetti. It took quite a while and lot of glue to place these creepers on the spread. I added red paper triangles and red paint to the bigger spiders for some added interest. Oh and some red blood splatters.
I did cover this page in Scotch Masking Tape just in case the spiders don't stick as well in the future- don't want these suckers falling out the book later. Yikes.
Black Out Poetry
Black & White
BQ Volume I
Corrugated Circumference Journal
Dy ARTist Journal
Exploration Of Inspiration Journal
Jiggly Bits Journal
Live Creatively Journal
More In A Garden Grows Journal
Naive Resistance Journal
Quilted Duct Journal
Rainbow Sox Journal
Small Things Great Heart Journal
The Black Cube Journal
The Maker Studio
The Textile Tales Journal
Washi Tape Journal